Gifts for Design Lovers and Jon Ive Wannabees

13:44 No Comment

I go through the angel account at the altar about us—from lamp posts to toothbrushes to barrio to sailboats—looking for details, craftsmanship, function, beauty, and purpose. If you apperceive anyone nutters like that, actuality are some allowance ideas:

Click here to see all the ability in a individual page.

Ability for Architecture Lovers and Jon Ive Wannabees Ability for Architecture Lovers and Jon Ive Wannabees Ability for Architecture Lovers and Jon Ive Wannabees

I go through the angel account at the altar about us—from lamp posts to toothbrushes to… Apprehend added Read more

Objectified: This documentary has its ups and downs, but it's good. If you are new to automated design, it is traveling to accord you a acceptable appearance on how they accomplish all these altar about us. Added importantly, it will explain to you why they are the way they are, and what acceptable architecture is all about. If you are not new to automated design, it's aces just to see Dieter Rams talking about design, and accept to Jon Ive accepting all lyrical with his British accent. A absolute stocking accompaniment for just $10. [iTunes Store]

1960s Braun Products Hold the Secrets to Apple's Future 1960s Braun Products Hold the Secrets to Apple's Future 1960s Braun Products Hold the Secrets to Apple'

The year 2008 marks the 10th Anniversary of the iMac, the computer that afflicted aggregate at… Apprehend added Read more


Gifts for Design Lovers and Jon Ive Wannabees
An Important Message About Angel Automated Architecture from Jon Ive An Important Message About Angel Automated Architecture from Jon Ive An Important Message About Angel Automated Design

Really Jon, whatever it is that you are accepting at the "communal architecture area," forward some… Apprehend added Read more


Gifts for Design Lovers and Jon Ive Wannabees

New York Coffee Cup: It seems ordinary, and it is. It's not admirable either. But with time and use, assertive altar become accepted icons that bell through millions of photos, illustrations, movies and circadian scenes. The New York "We Are Happy To Serve You" cardboard coffee cup, alien in 1963, is one of them. Artist Exceptionlab collaborated with the Sweetheart Cup Company to about-face the latter's cardboard cup into admirable ceramics that in fact feel like paper. The accustomed and disposable—180 actor are acclimated in NYC every year—turned into abiding design. $14. [Moma Store]


Gifts for Design Lovers and Jon Ive Wannabees

Lego Architecture buildings: There are abounding to accept from, including landmarks like New York's Empire State Building and Chicago's John Hancock Center, but my admired is Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater house, conceivably because I consistently capital to reside in a abode like that in the average of the woods. That or in a baiter beyond the world. Or both. From $20 for the battleground barrio to $100 of the Falling Water House. [Lego]


Gifts for Design Lovers and Jon Ive Wannabees
LEGO Micro-Scales Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater House LEGO Micro-Scales Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater House LEGO Micro-Scales Frank Lloyd Wright's Falling

I adulation Lego's Frank Lloyd Wright Collection has a mini archetypal of the Guggenheim Museum in NYC,… Apprehend added Read more


Gifts for Design Lovers and Jon Ive Wannabees

Paul Smith wallet: I know, wallets are boring. But not these. Why? They accept neekeed ladies. The appealing pin-ups wallets advised by Paul Smith appear in altered sizes and configurations. The accoutrement is beautiful, and so is the printing. How do I apperceive it? Because I accept the one in the photo. Start at $195. [Paul Smith]


Gifts for Design Lovers and Jon Ive Wannabees

BeoVision 10: Hookai, so about I don't like B&O's cher AV equipment. I don't like a lot of of their designs either. They just don't assume honest abundant to me, except for the BeoVision 10. If I capital to accept a TV, this would be the one. I'm fractional to projectors and argent screens, though. $8700 [B&O]


Gifts for Design Lovers and Jon Ive Wannabees
BeoVision 10 Would Be Absolute for My Bachelor Pad BeoVision 10 Would Be Absolute for My Bachelor Pad BeoVision 10 Would Be Absolute for My Bachelor Pad

I just got my new apartment. A studio. Veehee cute, but small. That's why the BeoVision 10 has … Apprehend added Read more


Gifts for Design Lovers and Jon Ive Wannabees

Braun bank audio accessories by Dieter Rams: I don't affliction if they plan or not. I just wish two L 450 collapsed loudspeakers, one TG 60 reel-to-reel band recorder, one TS 45 ascendancy unit, and a PCS5 turntable. That's how admirable audio looked in the sixties, and annihilation has anytime appear close. And you know, in fact I'm abiding that the units you can acquisition up for auction—mainly in Europe—still plan fine, unlike their avant-garde counterparts. You can acquisition them on eBay starting at about $400. [EBay]


Gifts for Design Lovers and Jon Ive Wannabees
A Alarm for Revolution Adjoin Beta Culture A Alarm for Revolution Adjoin Beta Culture A Alarm for Revolution Adjoin Beta Culture

I'm annoyed of this. This faculty of abiding ache with the technology about me. The bugs. … Apprehend added Read more


Gifts for Design Lovers and Jon Ive Wannabees

IMPOSSIBLE Replica of the America schooner: Yes, it is a sailboat. It's aswell one of the a lot of beautifully advised altar I've anytime cantankerous paths with: The replica of a 1851 schooner alleged America. The aboriginal went to England to claiming the Brits at their own sailing bold and won, acceptable the agent of the America's Cup race. It's an archetype of admirable honest design, in which every detail answered a need, annihilation was extra, and every aspect was beautifully handcrafted, in accord with aggregate abroad on board. The 140-foot schooner can backpack 49 people, although I would like one just to backpack two grown-ups and added little humans all about the world, with accompany advancing and traveling all the time. Just too big-ticket for a lot of of us.


Gifts for Design Lovers and Jon Ive Wannabees

DON'T BUY Gadget cases: I accept a harder time cerebration about Jon Ive accepting pissed off, like they would say in Inn-Gland. So calm, so affable and zen and British... until he sees anyone application an iPhone with a abhorrent case about it. I brainstorm he goes bonkers every time he sees his admirable iPhone—one of the a lot of minimalistic and admirable cyberbanking altar in existence—wrapped in a bag of naffness. Putting a case about a admirable article is just not a achievability for anyone who absolutely loves acceptable design. I don't affliction if it's to assure it. I burst my buzz adjoin the city the added day to the tune of a $200 replacement, and I'm not putting it in a case. Why? Because admirable altar are fabricated to be enjoyed as they are, as the artist absurd them.

Sure, you can personalize them with a gelaskin or something that you accomplish on your own. That's allotment of the activity of the article too. But capacity it into a fugly banal artificial case? That's like anyone putting golf pants in Michelangelo's David. Or your grandmother accoutrement her daybed with a artificial cover. Or your traveling through activity not admiring or demography risks just because you are abashed you are traveling to breach or get scratched. What's the point if you can't adore something fully? Exactly, there's no point. Don't buy. [Don't buy]

Don't overlook to acclaim your own admired ability for architecture lovers in the comments-include pics and appraisement if possible.
All Giz Wants is our anniversary aggregation of admired allowance ideas, including amazing accessible altar and a few avant-garde fantasies. We'll be bustling guides catered to altered interests several times per day for the next week, so accumulate blockage back.

No hay comentarios :

 
Copyright © ArticleLLC | Powered by Blogger